Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Lessons learnt through life

I has walked this world for seventeen years  and although it may not be a long time i have learnt many lessons throughout this period of time. One of them is to give and get respect. When i was fourteen or fifteen, i was a cocky,proud , pain in the ass boy. Nobody liked me at that time. Then basketball entered my life. The sport has thought me to be humble because i am not the best, it has taught me to give my opponents respect as that respect will be returned, it also has taught me to never back down from any challenge. Through this game i has earned the respect of many and at the same time i never forget to return the rsepect given to me by others. This is so far the most important lesson in my life. The next lesson is the importance of friendship. All my life i believed that i was the greatest, that i need not others in my journey but i was wrong.the say that we only feel the pain after we fall, i tell you this :That is so true. Without my brothers i could not have possibly see through many trials in life. Now i am going to a far off place and a new band of friends will enter my life, friends that im am willing to trust with my life, friends who will fight with me and drink fro the chalice of victory together. Those who say that they can stand alone , i will give them a prophecy, the prophecy is they will fall down in life and they may never get up. The last thing that i have learnt is love, family love and any kind of love. I have grown to love my family especially my father for he is my hero. But that doesnt mean that i dont love i mom and sis, its just that my da has been so much to me. I have also grown to know the true meaning of love. When i was two or three years younger i will always act cool thinking the chicks will dig me, but i was wrong. Love is the most mysterious thing yet it is the most sacred. Love's  gonna conquer it all, this is a very good quote and it is a principle that i am going to apply in life. I am still waiting for that goddess to appear but i promied myself that altough it may take a life time i am willing to wait. This are the lessons i have learnt so far. It has made me wiser, made me more matured but most importanly it has made a better person.

1 comment:

  1. you seem much more mature than I do.
    haha. anyway, it's a good change have in you =)

    ReplyDelete