Monday, October 18, 2010

Experience( Part 1)

I someone would ask me who was the best teacher who had ever taught, I would say that teacher isnt a person but rather a change in scenery. It has already been a year since I came to Melbourne and what I have leant here I would say was the most that I have learnt in years. What have I learnt? Let me make a list.

1)Anger management
Before coming to Melbourne, I could tell you that I was one angry kid. I could get pissed off easily that you wouldnt even want to come close to me. Its no wonder I was so hated back home. Coming to Melbourne however, I realised that if I kept that attitude, I would not have any friends. So I tried to control but I could not have done it without the help of two of my best friends. They softened my heart and taught me to look at the good side of things. I mean I still have a huge temper now, but I would say I that I can control it better.

2)Knowing who my true friends are
Before coming to Melbourne, I was a very naive kid. I thought that everyone could be trusted and apparently I wasnt the only one who think that I myself am very naive. Now, things are different. I have learnt to think, and also to follow what my heart tells me is right. At the begining of living in Melbourne, I taught that since everyone was nice to me, they were my true friends. Well... that was naive of me to think that way. After talking, living and understanding my friends I realised that in terms of friends i have aplenty, but true friends? The number would range between 3-4. These people should know who they are. This doesnt seem like a revelation to many, but to me, it is a very big one.

3) There are other things to this world than basketball
I have to admit that I am a basketball freak, has always been and always will be. I could just stay on the court for thw whole day on my home and have fun. LOL. But coming here, I realised that are so much more other than basketball that I could really enjoy except I did not give them a chance. Such as emoing , heart to heart talk with friends and also going out with friends. These are things that I would really enjoy bt I just blinded it to myself all this years. Now, after experiencing that joy after doing these stuff, I will embrace it.

Hmmm...... I think I would just write these three experiences for now or else I would run out of material for any future blogposts

No comments:

Post a Comment